With a 40% chance of rain forecast for today we decided to take our chances and head out. Yesterday, however was spent on the assumption that we wouldn’t leave until Thursday because of the weather. Moving up our departure date caused the morning to be a whirlwind of activity – between getting our gear and the bikes ready and loaded, the house prepared for an extended leave we were quickly running out of ‘morning’. By the time we were finally winding down it was noon time, just in time for thunder and cloud cover to roll in :-(. Sure enough, within half an hour we had pouring rain with more in the forecast for the area we planned on heading to.